Tuesday, September 21, 2010

On My Bedside Table

I always have a fresh bunch of flowers on my bedside table. These are Ranunculus. These would have to be one of my favourite flowers. A clock radio/i pod station is a must. Listening to music before I sleep and waking up to it in the morning keeps me up to date and helps me along with my day. I also have a bad habit of sleeping in so, the radio wakes me up and keeps me on time - otherwise I turn into the Rabbit from Alice In Wonderland who is running around saying "I'm late, I'm late for a very important date".

I have just finished reading Cathy Kelly's new book Homecoming. I love Cathy's books, the settings and characters are so real. Sometimes you think you could be one of the characters. Cathy is in Perth tomorrow night promoting Homecoming. I was so excited when I found out she was visiting Perth - no one ever does! - that I immediately booked Mum and I places to see her at our local library. I cannot wait.
These are souvenirs I have purchases on my travels. The Eiffel Tower is from Paris, the orange box is from Kuala Lumpur and the Union Jack box is from London.
I purchased this crystal jug from an op shop for $3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts and sharing ideas. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Enjoy!