Monday, September 6, 2010

DIY Bedhead

I am having such a hard time finding a good quality foam that doesn't cost me the earth. My fabric was on sale so that only cost 1/4 of what it should have. Now all I need to purchase is my MDF (wood backing) and the foam.

I cannot wait until I have everything sorted out. Poor mum and dad are having to constantly listen to me talk about the projects I am undertaking at the moment. Dad likes listening though, and luckily for me, helping out his daughter when I cant cut a straight line with the jigsaw! Its handy having a dad who is a tradie!

Living with mum and dad will be my place of residence for the next 2 years while I save up enough money to buy a house. In Perth, house prices are constantly rising and even the worst house in the worst neighbourhood is out of many peoples price range. I am hoping I can save enough to buy a townhouse or something similar.

Anyway enough about my living arrangements I was suppose to be talking about my Bedroom Makeover.

I have a wooden chest of draws and 2 bedside tables that are a Jarrah colour. I love the whole natural wood thing but it just is not me. I will be sanding and painting these a fresh coat of white and adding some new handles to them.

The bedhead and the painting of the chest and bedsides is the last things to do before I have a luxurious bedroom!

Fresh white painted walls and new carpet that feels like you are walking on clouds, was the start of the makeover which soon turned into a major revamp! I get bored easily so I am constantly changing things in our house.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts and sharing ideas. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Enjoy!