Thursday, June 24, 2010

Macarons & Apple Pies

Laduree Paris


Yum! The crisp outer shell and the soft gooey centre of a Macaron is all but a dream until you savour the famous French biscuit!
I am so scared to try and bake these as there are so many disaster stories all over the Internet - its a little bit off putting to be honest.
I am constantly buying recipe books full of sweet treats and I have not yet discovered a Macaron recipe in any. Slightly upsetting if you ask a sweet tooth like myself.
Constantly baking and trying new recipes is something I love doing. My ultimate dream is to own a little bakery that serves yummy sweet treats, coffees and is warm and inviting. I would love it to be the type of bakery where people come for breakfast, sitting down with loved ones, enjoying my food and the atmosphere of the bakery.

The other night I baked a scrumptious Apple Pie. I made my own Shortcrust Pastry which is so simple. Don't freak out at the thought of making your own pastry, its easy you just have to practice.
Everyone in the family loves my Apple Pie. Its easy to make and scrumptious on a cold winters night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts and sharing ideas. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Enjoy!