Thursday, June 17, 2010

Lazy Sunday Drives

When I was a little girl, every Sunday Mum, Dad, my Sister and I would pile into the car and head out on a Sunday drive. It would always be somewhere out of Perth's hustle and bustle, nestled in the countryside somewhere.

As my Sister and I grew older these became less customary. While eating breakfast last Sunday morning it was decided that we would get in the car and go on one of our Lazy Sunday Drives!

They were always so much fun. Looking through antique shops and experiencing the country life style, playing I-Spy, and tasting the scrumptious pies the small cafes would have to offer. One of my favourite cafes just out of Perth is in Jane Brooke. It has 2 houses which are now the cafe and a gallery, and a HUGEEEE old gum - I think it would nearly be 7m in diameter.

We set off in the car less my Sister, heading for a town called Toodyay just over an hour east of Perth. It was less than 1 year ago Toodyay was devastated by bushfires where so many lives were destroyed. Driving into the town you can see the burnt bush coming back to its former glory, but it wont be the same for many decades yet.

Toodyay is infamous for its Cola Cafe. It is a cafe and museum showcasing one of the best Coca Cola collections I have seen to date. It is reminiscent of a '50s style cafe - very cool!





After finishing our drinks and a yummy bacon & egg sandwich, we headed off to browse through a few antique shops and some cute country style shops. This is where I found my latest purchase!

This is it! A gorgeous old bottle. I collect these and have them sitting on my dressing table with my perfume and old antique perfume bottles.


We finished up and made our way back to Perth just as the sun was setting over the rolling hills. It was a fun day and I cant wait until the next Lazy Sunday Drive!


x C

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts and sharing ideas. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Enjoy!