Sunday, December 19, 2010

Babysitting

While taking Inka (the cat) to the vet this morning as he couldn't walk, I was shocked and appalled to see two beautiful kittens had been dumped on a ladys lawn in a shoe box. No food, no towels only the cardboard box they were in.

Like us, the lady had 2 cats, 2 dogs and an array of birds. I was so upset to hear that no one could take these beautiful kittens in. The RSPCA, Cat Home and all other shelters in Perth were full.

There was a long line in front of us, so Mum and I got out our phones and called everyone in our contact lists. After hearing the story one lady who was there with her dog took one kitten.

We finally managed to find a friend of my Sister who will spoil and treat (Rosie as I named her!) Like she should be.

Its this time of the year that many kittens and puppies get dumped. 80% of these are euthanize. Instead of buying a puppy or kitten from a pet shop, have a look at a local shelter and help save a life! Both Sonny (the dog) and Inka were rescued.

Tonight we are looking after Rosie until she is picked up by her new family tomorrow morning!

Sent via BlackBerry® from Vodafone

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts and sharing ideas. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Enjoy!