Saturday, August 22, 2009

Pretty Gardens and Lovely Homes

I took these photos at an open garden day late last year. Each year PLC, a local girls school, organizes a fundraiser around the Peppermint Grove area. For a small donation local homeowners open their gardens allowing you access to some of the most stunning gardens in Perth. Each year different homes are selected. Mum and I do it each year and always look forward to getting ideas for our garden, and me in particular like walking around the suburb at the architecture of the homes.

Some of the houses are heritage listed.Upon the start of the walk you are given a brief overview of the history of the home in a pamphlet, which contains your map of the gardens you are to tour in the area with a description of each garden.

At lunch you stop at a house with a large garden for lunch. Coffee, tea, cakes, and sandwiches filled with an assortment of decadent fillings all for a small price.

These pictures were taken on my mobile phone so I do apologize for the bad quality. I cannot wait for the walk later in the year.







All images my own

1 comment:

  1. The photos actually have a wonderful 'polaroid' effect to them. Wonderful shots and wonderful homes.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts and sharing ideas. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Enjoy!